Thursday, February 03, 2005

Big Ideas vs. Weedling

In Afghanistan, we helped liberate an oppressed people. And we will continue helping them secure their country, rebuild their society, and educate all their children -- boys and girls. In the Middle East, we will continue to seek peace between a secure Israel and a democratic Palestine. (Applause.) Across the Earth, America is feeding the hungry -- more than 60 percent of international food aid comes as a gift from the people of the United States.

- President George Bush in the State of the Union address, 02-February-2005

Meanwhile, unaware that they're revealing their narcissism and lack of ideas, his opposition wastes time talking about themselves.


I was born and raised in the high desert of Nevada in a tiny town called Searchlight. My dad was a hard-rock miner. My mom took in wash. I grew up around people of strong values - even if they rarely talked about them. ...

-Senator Harry Reid -

Opposition rebuttal to the address. 02-February-2005

Note: The New York Times truncated his use of the word "God" for some reason.

I'm sure and still believes in a place called hope. I wish him happiness in getting there someday. But the Democratic position reminds me of people who
imagine that all of those little stickers over the years have actually lead to a "Free Tibet".

No comments: