Wednesday, September 14, 2011
America the Beautiful Rings Out Over Paris
During the tenth anniversary commemoration of the 9-11 attacks in Trocadéro square in Paris across from the Eiffel Tower (the second largest 911 commemoration in the world next to those in Manhattan itself, according to the organizers in The French Will Never Forget association), Grace Weber and Blaine Krauss sing "America the Beautiful" under Jean-Pierre Heim's recreation of the World Trade Center's Twin Towers before doves are released into the skies.
• The America-Bashers' Use of Symbolism on September 11
• Personal Memories of September 11, 2001, in Paris
• The Legend of the Squandered Sympathy
• Looking Over TV Shows Inspired by 9-11, Le Monde Discovers (Surprise!) "a Culture of Fear"
• Still Looking for "Another" September 11th?
• André Glucksmann: Bin Laden Is Gone, Not The Strategy of Radical Hatred Without Quarter
• Le Monde's 911 Commemorations