Hostility towards mass immigration arises not just from fears of economic “progress”, but from instructive experiences of cultural incompatibility, social disadvantage, imported crime and terrorism and an uninvited threat to national identity. To brush aside such considerations as trivial, intolerant, nostalgic, racist, nasty and even Nazi exposes a faulty and counter-productive analysis, itself blinkered by global-growth criteria.Related:
An economy is not a country. Although bankers may not appreciate this, voters understand it all too well.
• "Undocumented Worker" — The Left's Preferred Expression for "Illegal Alien" Is False and Misleading
• No, Liberals, there Is Not a Single "Undocumented Worker" in the United States (or on This Planet)
• Illegal immigration is to immigration what shoplifting is to shopping
• No one talks about legal immigrants who are hard working men and women, who wait for the frustratingly slow process that seems to discriminate against those who want to do it by the book
• If the U.S. were to treat Mexican nationals in the same way that Mexico treats Central American nationals, there would be humanitarian outrage