Saturday, September 10, 2011
Le Monde's 911 Commemorations
Needless to say, Le Monde joins in the 911 commemorations, which include the obligatory reference to the decline of the American empire since the attacks of September 11, 2001.
Cartoonwise, we have the publication of a graphic novel with various artists, French and American, in addition to Plantu's take in the form of an artistic "dialog" with Daryl Cagle.
• Looking Over TV Shows Inspired by 9-11, Le Monde Discovers (Surprise!) "a Culture of Fear"
• Hubert Védrine: Castigating Bush and the Neo-Cons, Former French Foreign Minister Says that the War on Terror Should Have Been Carried Out "With Discretion"
• André Glucksmann: Bin Laden Is Gone, Not The Strategy of Radical Hatred Without Quarter
• The French Will Never Forget
• The Legend of the Squandered Sympathy