These committee members say the test is essential to fixing the RNC, and one step toward rebuilding the Republican brand. … Here are the ten Reagan’s Unity Principles.
(1) We support smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama's "stimulus" bill;
(2) We support market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run healthcare;(3) We support market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation;
(4) We support workers' right to secret ballot by opposing card check;
(5) We support legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants;
(6) We support victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges;
(7) We support containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat;
(8) We support retention of the Defense of Marriage Act;
(9) We support protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing, denial of health care and government funding of abortion; and,
(10) We support the right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
GOP Litmus Test: Reagan’s 10 Unity Principles
Several Republican National Committee members have proposed a conservative litmus test for candidates who wish to receive support from the RNC, writes Jillian Bandes.