Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Like The T-Shirt Says: “I’m With Stupid”

The usual small-mined Euro enmities and petty racism make for the ultimate political rope-a-dope. This, from a note from a friend:

...this is something I actually heard back in 1999-2002 when I lived in Bobigny (93).
This brings me back to the old days: When I was young I grew up in a small city near Lyon, and I had a good Gypsy friend. He came from Dreux, a city located 80km west of Paris: the first big city to have a FN mayor in 1983. What sounded strange back in these days of Universal Peace and Prosperity of the Mitterand reign was that Dreux was highly multicultural as we say nowadays. My friend explained me that basically Portugese voted FN against Blacks that voted FN against Arabs that voted FN against Gypsies that voted FN against Portugese...
The Fuse is Lit (No Pasaran!)


No comments: