Saturday, August 07, 2010

Begone Foul Spot!

I write like
Kurt Vonnegut

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!



I doth doubt, I must say. (Musn’t one?) If you’re up for a little recreational literary frotteur, drop some original text off at ”I write like...” style analyzer, and let the fun begin. It’s like a passing scene with Bob Newhart’s whacky neighbor, or, say, Carleton you Doorman in the tragic-comedy of blogging. After all, my writing style has become an homage to a strange, pervy idol of socially awkward teenagers.

Oddly enough, it identified Douglas Adams from roughly a 100 word excerpt from “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy,” but mistook a short rip from Mein Kampf for Edgar Allen Poe. The first chapter of The Communist Manifesto was identified to be styled after the manner of H. P. Lovecraft, a master of weird fiction who died in 1937. Marx and Engels, I take it are correctly attributed as authors of a made up tale of horror and scientific fiction.

It’s a puzzlement, but you can get your jollies off of it for about 93 seconds or so.

No comments: